Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Refinish a Lane

We have been a little busy the last week with our friends and family and we haven't had time to post anything about our latest adventures.

In his spare time Justin restored a Lane side table that we found at the Goodwill.

BEFORE:



 AFTER:

It had some structural damage that I wouldn't know how to begin repairing but it looks pretty good! I used some finish stripper and then simply sanded it down, which didn't take very long. I have seen various blog posts about refinishing mid century furniture- and it's really a LOT easier if you use a finish stripper. The whole process only took a couple hours. This was my first time refinishing anything.

I also found a chair which I plan on attempting to reupholster... which I also have never done. We'll see how that goes.


A Thrift store find. This sofa was in amazing condition- except the fabric... it was very faded, and smelled like smoke. For $40 this could be an amazing find for someone who could reupholster it. Unfortunately, we wouldn't know where to begin.




We also came across this Broyhill Emphasis look-alike bookcase. Similar in design but incredibly low quality. Plastic!


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment